Monday, February 7, 2011

Keyboards

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a bluetooth keyboard for my smartphone so I wouldn't have to lug around my laptop everywhere I went.  I wanted something I could carry around in my pocket.  I considered getting a netbook, but was soon advised against it.  Tim (a guy I work with) said it was a bad idea to get a small laptop with pitiful processing power which was almost as expensive as a regular laptop, and persuaded me instead to get a full sized folding keyboard for my Droid.


When it arrived, I was surprised how big it was.  It folds in half, but even so, I can barely fit it in my cargo pocket.  My buddy Warren asked me if I could type without looking at the keyboard (the answer is not very well) and if so, why I hadn't bought one of those laser projection keyboards, as they take up less space.  I replied that I didn't trust them, as they seem to run on black magic and hocus pocus.  Honestly, how does the laser know where your fingers are supposed to be?  I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Pictured: pure evil

Now I just need to figure out how to connect the keyboard to my phone wirelessly so I can write these posts at my leisure, if I ever get a chance to read the excessively long and confusing instruction pamphlet.  Maybe I'm just getting old and technology's starting to confuse me.  Before you know it, I'm going to start carrying around butterscotch candies in my pocket, wear my pants under my armpits and yell at people to stay off my lawn before I come out there and beat their little punk asses with my shillelagh.  Damn kids these days with their Pokey Men and their Rascal scooters.  No respect for their elders.

1 comment:

  1. One of my facebook friends commented that they looked up shillelagh and found this: http://www.littleshamrocks.com/Irish-Shillelagh.html

    All I can say is that I'm a cultured and well-traveled man. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that by the time I'm old enough to chase kids off my lawn I will have acquired one of those.

    ReplyDelete