Thursday, March 17, 2011

The gummy worm story

A couple of years back I was visiting some friends in LA and stopped by a gas station to get some snacks.  I picked up some soda, some chips and a bag containing about 2 pounds of gummy worms.  When we got back to the house, I completely forgot about the bag.  This was a hot summer day, already in the triple digits, so the car's interior promptly climbed to about 140 F.
 
2 hours later, I remembered the bag and went out to get it.  The gummy worms had completely liquefied, leaving me with a plastic bag of hot sloshing color.  I stuck it in the fridge to let it cool down.  When I checked on it a few hours later, it had hardened back up into a solid block of gummy, which was surprisingly hard to cut.  I ate about a quarter of it.

In case you were wondering, nothing bad happened.  I didn't get sick or constipated.  The one notable thing was that it turned my poop green.

FYI, crystal meth does that too.  Not that I personally do meth.  It's just a little factoid I thought appropriate to pass along, given that today's March 17th.


So in a nutshell, if you want green poop for St Patrick's day, eat a bunch of gummy bears/worms or do some meth, though the gummy bears are probably less addictive.  Happy St Patty's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment